Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Bugaboo Frame It - Our thoughts and prayers

Good morning! Its the last Wednesday of the month so at Catch the Bug that means Tutorial Wednesday...and its my turn, lol! OK so I thought wouldn't it be great to put a digital stamp on tissue paper and create a faux silk card. Well now it took three tries at it but I finally figured out how to do it! IRL it looks soo cool. I have a photo printer so I'm not sure how different printers work but
I took a plain transparency sheet (one NOT meant to print on, you don't want it to dry) and printed the image Frame It - Our Thoughts and Prayers onto the sheet. Then very carefully placed the transparency sheet ink side down onto the  tissue paper. I took a bone folder and rubber the sheet so that it would transfer evenly rather than use my hands. Very carefully lifted the transparency and voila! I was so excited that it worked I forgot to take a photo of it before I coloured it!
After its coloured scrunch it up tight and then unfold it. Cut your base paper smaller than the image because when its glued down its wrinkled so smaller. Only put a little section of glue at a time, I put too much down and then it started to dry too fast. Learn from my mistake!

I really like how it turned out and will definitely do it again! I hope you give it a try.

I'm entering this into:
Dream Valley Challenges: use a stamp or digi
Aud Sentiments: thinking of you/ sympathy

Paper: tissue paper, regal rose, basic black, whisper white
Other: copic markers, sakura glitter gel pen, white glue






4 comments:

  1. Now that is a totally new technique to me! Love the texture it has given your card...just beautiful :D Thank you for sharing With us at Dream Valley Challenge XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful image and technique ...thank you for joining us at AUD SENTIMENTS CHALLENGE this week,hope to see you again
    Ċ½eljka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beutiful!! A wonderful creation !! Its. gorgeous!! Wonderful design
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at
    Through The Craft Room Door
    this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Cicci
    DT member at TTCRD
    Cicci With The Pen {Welcome to follow my blog}





    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome work Dawn and so creative, adore it! wow!!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete